Organizational Development Expert, Support for Professional and Capacity Enhancement (SPICE) Program, Colombo, Sri LankaCompany Profile: Management Systems International (MSI), an international management firm, providing capacity building services to a range of Sri Lankan Institutions such as financial management, human resource management, strategic planning, gender, rights-based programming. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support for Professional and Capacity Enhancement (SPICE) project is a 3-year initiative to support civil society strengthening, citizen participation, gender equity and corporate social responsibility in Sri Lanka. SPICE is implemented by MSI and funded by the United States Agency of International Development (USAID)/Sri Lanka. Its main office is in Colombo with regional offices in Batticaloa and in the Northern Province.
Position Summary: The Organizational Development Expert will help design and implement a program of organization strengthening for selected institutions. S/he will oversee subcontractors providing organizational capacity assistance. S/he will work closely with regional office staff to assess and address the capacity building needs of regional institutions. The position is full time and based on a 40-hour work week. The position is based in Colombo.
Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Sri Lankan citizenship will be considered.
- Implement organizational capacity assessment tool with a diverse group of local partners.
- Conduct institutional capacity assessments and develop organizational development plans for selected institutions.
- Support selected institutions through short term technical assistance and mentoring/coaching
- Design, conduct and evaluate training programs.
- Work with the M&E Officer to monitor and analyze progress and adjust capacity building programs as needed.
- Travel to regional offices as needed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of seven years’ direct experience in capacity building or organizational development.
- Demonstrated expertise supporting the capacity development to the identified range of institutions above.
- Experience working in a range of provinces preferred.
- Fluency in English and one national language required; proficiency in a second national language desired.
How to apply:To apply, please visit our website: www.msiworldwide.com. Closing date: 12 Apr 2013