Executive Officer, Administration Unit, Iraq Administrative Reform Project (Tarabot), Baghdad, IraqCompany Profile: MSI is a Washington, D.C.-based international development firm providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. Since its 1981 founding, MSI has grown in size and technical scope, now implementing and managing more than 70 projects worldwide. More than 30 are long-term, many in conflict-prone or fragile states that include Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Today, our range of technical expertise includes analytical and field projects in democracy and governance, economic growth, strategic planning, organizational capacity building, health and the justice sector. MSI focuses on helping our local partners foster progress, manage change and improve the effectiveness of development assistance. We expanded our global footprint in 2008 by becoming part of Coffey International Development, a leading development firm that is part of Coffey International Limited, a publicly traded company on the Australia Stock Exchange. Alongside Coffey, MSI has corporate offices in 17 countries. Together, MSI and Coffey International Development employ more than 1,400 professionals worldwide. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: Management Systems International, an international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C., is implementing the Iraq Administrative Reform Project - Tarabot. The Tarabot project works to improve the functions of the GOI’s public institutions in order to improve services delivery processes through better governance and resource management approaches.
Position Summary: As part of Tarabot's Finance/Administration Unit, the Executive Officer’s primary responsibility is to perform a range of administrative activities in support of the Team Leader for Administration and Finance (TLA); as well as assist the HR office with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new staff in accordance with MSI HR policies and USAID regulations. This is a full-time; one year position (with a possibility to extend) based in Baghdad, Iraq and will report directly to TLA.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative and executive support duties for TLA.
- Provide oversight and support to the Human Resources office. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with employment procedures, policies, benefits and other HR-related topics.
- Providing recommendations on HR policy and procedures improvements.
- Reviewing employment and office procedures and recommending revisions.
- Assisting in employee orientation and exit interview process.
- On behalf of TLA, follow up with appropriate staff to ensure requests are responded to on a timely basis.
- Establish tracking/feedback system to ensure issues are addressed and resolved.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with Tarabot community, MSI Home Office, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Assist with preparation of project reports.
- Experience in administrative operations of international organizations.
- Sound knowledge of HR principles and USAID regulations.
- Program management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; good report-writing skills.
- Proficient user of MS Office software including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment.
- Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities.
- Professional demeanour in a variety of office environments.
- Post-conflict country, compound living experience preferred.
- Arabic language skills and experience in the Middle East also preferred.
How to apply:To apply, please visit our website: www.msiworldwide.com. Closing date: 12 Apr 2013