Closing date : 17 May 2012
UN Women Tanzania Office wishes to recruit a suitable Tanzania national to fill the position of Senior Gender Advisor.
Detailed Terms of Reference for the position can be viewed at www.tz.undp.org
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Minimum Master’s Degree in relevant area such as Law, Social and Political sciences, Development Studies, Gender Studies or equivalent;
· A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the area of Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment.
· In depth substantive knowledge and experience on gender equality and women’s empowerment and of gender mainstreaming in a development context in a broad range of sectors/thematic areas
· A good understanding of the Tanzanian government system, policies and plans.
· Having a well-established network with key actors in the area of GE/WE in Tanzania as well as in the region.
· Previous work experience with the UN is a strong asset;
· Excellent computer skills.
· Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates are encouraged to read the detailed Terms of Reference and must complete the UNDP Personal History Form (Form P.11) obtainable at www.tz.undp.org. The letter of application (addressed to Human Resources Unit, P.O. Box 9182, Dar es Salaam) and the completed Form P.11 should be emailed to: email@example.com not later than 17 May 2012. The post title must be indicated on the E-mail subject. Note: P11 form is required.
Qualified women are stronlgy encouraged to apply. Only Short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNDP is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experiences and resources to help people build a better life.